Feb 12, 2010

Festival Sunday! St Kilda Festival! This Sunday! Valentine's Day!



Hello friends of Nut & Bright!

Just to let you know that our stall will be at the
Alfred Square Stage on Festival Sunday!
O.M.G.! I seriously can't tell you how excited I am!
I swear I did not tell the organisers anything about my music taste but they got it right!


I am next to the stage of World Music! Woohoo!
I'm so going to be dancing and feelin' the groove, you'd have to pull me back to try on dresses!

Before I found out who would be playing at the Alfred Square Stage, I was nervous that no one would visit our stall. Now that I know, it does not matter because either way, I'll be gettin' jiggy with it!

Alfred Square Stage Line-Up:

11.30am  
Indigenous Vocal Talent Deline Briscoe

12.45am  
ME (as in, not 'me' but the name of the band!)

2pm        
Sol Nation as if you don't already know them!
More than just a 7-piece band, Sol Nation IS the rhythm of world cultures funked up and stirred! 
Reggae, East Timorese folk song, Cuban Salsa, Latin dance, Afro-Beat, tropical island rhythm and Brazilian Samba!

3.15pm   
Valgurgrad, King of Criminals and old Russian Thief Songs!

4.30pm    
King Marong & Afro Mandinko
I went wild to their rhythm at the Port Fairty Festival last year - I SOOO LOVE THEM!
West African instruments and rhythms blend with bass and drums, guitar, keyboards and a horn section, afrobeat-funk-reggae and a colourful dance feast!

7pm       
Watussi, a Cuban slang which means 'the most handsome men in the party!'


I. Just. Can't. Wait!

Just so you know, the Alfred Square Stage is in the middle of the Esplanade, near Novotel Hotel.
Some roads will be closed so make sure you google your route first.

Even if you're not crazy into World Music like me, come check out the St Kilda Festival anyway. There are loads of free activities 10am-10pm;
4 Music Stages, Comedy, Kite-Surfing Competition, Football Cup, Salsa, Swing etc.

*deep breathes...I'm so excited! See you there! 

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Ling!! I'm soo in love with your yellow Poppy Cut-Out Back Dress! Is there a way for me to buy one from distant Singapore? I wish I could come to your stall!!! I miss you! Big Hugs, Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, babe!
    I'll post it to you. Email me your address and we'll work out a bank transfer. Your tanned skin would look gorgeous in it! You're dfn an S-size. =) We have to catch up offline but when are you moving to New York?!!! =)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought one of your reversible anchor dresses at StKilda Fest. I am heaps in love with it :) I'm wearing it right now haha, my mum wants one now too :P i told her to buy one online haha.

    Thanks so much i think your dresses are wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kate!

    Thanks for your comments. =)
    I am happy that you are enjoying your dress. That's the best part!
    Which colour did you get?

    Your mum's in luck, I'm about to post an Online Sale! It's specially for people who love our gear but can't get to our stall. And, you're the first hearing about it.

    We'd love you to send us an email (nutandbright@gmail.com) with the name, size and colour of the dress you'd like. We'll email back with our bank details for a transfer and then post the dress to your address! =)

    Or, come say hi! at one of our markets! Be quick because we're nearly sold out with some of the dresses! =)

    Have a nice day, Kate!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...